We have virtual peer support options!
As of Tuesday March 17 2020 Self Help & Peer Support will be providing virtual support only due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have participated in Self Help & Peer Support services, we would love your anonymous feedback https://bit.ly/33aJg0W
Starting January 2021 Self Help & Peer Support will be piloting having registered Recovery Learning virtual groups in addition to our regular drop-in virtual groups. You will notice we now have two calendars: Recovery Learning groups and Drop-In Self Help & Peer Support groups. ALL Self Help & Peer Support groups are open to adults living in Waterloo Wellington communities who identify as living with mental health or/and addiction issues. Participant’s can choose to attend any combination of drop-in and recovery learning groups.
NEW!! Recovery Learning Groups: Recovery Learning groups follow a curriculum and occur for a determined number of sessions, with the same participants attending each week. These are closed groups. Participating in a Recovery Learning group requires enrollment with Self Help & Peer Support. During enrollment staff will collect some basic contact and demographic information from participants and attendance is tracked. Recovery Learning groups are by self-referral and to register please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which group you would like to register for.
Please email email@example.com to register for any of our teleconference groups. Once we receive your initial registration email requesting group connection details to your group/s of interest, a “drop-in” group link document will be sent out to you. You are welcome to join any “drop-in” groups listed in the document without re-registering.
About our groups:
- Our services are open to any adults living in Waterloo Wellington communities.
- There is no intake and no wait list to join! Just send us an email and we will send you the link the connect to the groups you wish to join.
- All groups are drop-in based with no attendance tracked.
- All groups are run by trained peer supporters with lived experience of the group topic.
- **Note – in order to help us keep our services safe, comfortable spaces where people recover, we kindly ask those who visit us to follow our Code of Conduct.