We have virtual peer support options!
As of Tuesday March 17 2020 Self Help & Peer Support will be providing virtual support only due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please email email@example.com to register for any of the following teleconference groups or to request individual peer support via phone.
About our groups:
- Our services are open to any adults living in Waterloo Wellington communities.
- There is no intake and no wait list to join! Just send us an email and we will send you the link the connect to the groups you wish to join.
- All groups are drop-in based with no attendance tracked.
- All groups are run by trained peer supporters with lived experience of the group topic.
Anxiety, Depression and Hope Peer Support Groups
- Tuesdays 1:30 – 2:30 pm – with Brenda
- Tuesdays 2:30- 3:30pm – with Meghan
- Wednesdays 1:30 – 3:30pm – with Meghan
- Wednesdays at 3-4:30 pm – with David & Denise
- Thursdays 1:30 – 2:30 pm – with Jasmina
With a focus on coping, recovery, and fostering hope; a regular opportunity to talk about our walk with depression and anxiety, to hear peer stories, and as a result, to learn ways for living the life we want every day.
Mondays at 1-2 pm
We are all in need of resilience right now! Let’s come together and connect while sharing skills and ideas to bounce back during these strange times.
Supporting the Supporter
Mondays 6-7 pm
A weekly peer support group for friends and family that are supporting individuals who live with mental health and/or addiction. Peer led discussions about mental health, addictions and how best to be supportive while considering personal boundaries, community resources and self-care.
Borderline Personality Disorder Peer Support
****currently on hold, check back soon ****
Join fellow warriors in supporting each other with compassion through common experience and to provide information, validation and hope. You do not need a formal diagnosis to attend.
Spark of Brilliance virtual writing series – Letters of Gratitude
Thursdays 1:30pm (starts May 14)
We will be writing letters of gratitude to the people, places, and things that make our lives joyful and meaningful. To participate you will require access to a telephone or smart phone with video capabilities.
Substance Use Peer Support
Fridays 3-4 pm
Harm Reduction focused Substance Use Peer Support. A non-judgmental space to come together and talk about how substance use and recovery is impacting your life.
Joining our virtual groups is easy! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what groups you wish to join.